Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cataracts


Cataracts fill the eyes and distort vision, eventually making it impossible to see. As I sit here thinking, it is as though my eyes are beginning to get cataracts. Not in the literal sense of course, but in a manner such as this:

I have lost my inspiration. My creativity is waning. My life has lost its direction.

I have become rather complacent with where I am. My life is relatively easy. There are few challenges, and my daily routine is mundane. Life. Is. Stagnant.

For a short bit, I was all right with this because it was safe, and for so long, I felt like my life was a roller coaster. I needed some stability. Now though, I need the tides to turn. I need an escape from the ordinary.

Fortunately, it is early on in the disease. I can stop it. The damage is not yet irreparable. How to fix it? I need to find inspiration and allow myself time to have an outlet for the creativity that fills my mind. I am certain that a fair amount of this inspiration will come from living my life in the world instead of behind a bar. I need and want to experience people and places of all sorts. I then want to write about these experiences, paint them, and draw them. I need to breathe life into myself and clear away that which is blocking my vision. I need to see clearly.

No comments: