Monday, June 7, 2010

Liar

Yes, I'm describing myself. Why? Because it's apt. I live my life behind a facade. I maintain this image of the pretty happy girl, but when I am real and honest, I am confused, disheartened, angry, and sad. I go home and weep with sorrow. Why? A multitude of reasons. What to do? I have no idea.

I don't want to be a liar. Yet I don't want to burden anyone else with my pain. It's silly probably anyway. But it's still there. I don't want to always be the strong one. I want to be able to fall apart and have someone catch me on the way down. Yet still I sit alone as I write this. My longing unfulfilled, and my heart weighted with despair and anxiety.

Sleep is the only real escape and the only place I am able to find some sort of solitude. So I choose it as often as I can, if only for a moment, to find a bit of peace in the chaos of this world.

Someday...someday perhaps I will be allowed the gift of true happiness.

No comments: