Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Walk On...

I have recently emerged in the dating scene. I don't care for it at all to be honest. I much prefer being with just one person and knowing said person well...having a best friend really. So, in order to not waste any more of my time or anyone else's money...

If you want to talk to me only because you think I'm pretty; if your view of religion is only that you think Jesus is cool and you know nothing about faith or God; if you have a confused look on your face because you don't understand my everyday vernacular; if you feel compelled to tell me how artsy/eccentric/cool you are, chances are you probably aren't; if you think you're a musician just because you can play a C chord; if you think you look hotter than me in eyeliner; if the thought of wearing my jeans crosses your mind; if you're under the impression that the world revolves around you or that perhaps you're owed something; if you play on other people's sympathies to get your way; if you feel the need to put down other people to feel better about yourself; if you look at women as a numbers game; if you like what i consider to be bad music; if your intellectual depth goes no further than beer, bikinis, and ball; if you think buying me a drink makes you entitled to hook up with me; if you don't appreciate pretty dresses, tall shoes, puppies, and cupcakes; if you like the idea of my eccentricities but think you're going to change them; if you're not okay with me being independent; and lastly, if you wear anything bedazzled or Ed Hardy...then please, please, do us both a favor and walk on.

No comments: