Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Road Less Traveled

I so very often speak of choosing the road less taken...a reference to the poem by Robert Frost. What I mean by it is that I want to take the high road. I want to choose to be great, because being great is in fact a choice. I hope to be someone that other people view as a woman of virtue, who chooses Christ every time. I pray that when I come under attack, I will react in love and compassion. I hope to see people the way Christ sees them and in doing so understand why they do the things they do. I want to be someone people trust and respect. I want to choose to do the right thing because it's the right thing. I want to emulate Christ in all that I say and do. I want my attitude to reflect the joy that Christ has given me.

So, should I find myself standing in a yellow wood, I hope to take the path that is grassy and wanting wear.

No comments: