Monday, May 3, 2010

Echo


It seems in the last few weeks that the rhythm of my heart has begun to echo the rhythm of life, or maybe it's the other way around. Either way, I am finding a peace I have not known for some time. I feel...settled, and okay with where my life is right now. I do not feel rushed to make any major decisions. I feel like I have the freedom I have wanted for so long. And in all of that, my heart is finally in sync with my mind, and in turn, I believe my spirit is more in line with where it needs to be as well.

It's as though...I can rest. Finally. I have been waiting for this for years, literally. And now, I have this overwhelming feeling that everything really will turn out all right. I am learning to forgive, and in doing so, learning how to really live. I am learning to trust and to love and to do so with wisdom but without such great trepidation. I am learning to let go of my bitter and jaded cynicism. I'm trading it in for grace, mercy, and kindness. I am trying so hard to have a gentle spirit and a tender heart. And I am learning to allow myself to be surprised by potentially great things.

I have recently been touched by the kindest words from several different people. These dear compliments were so unexpected, and unbeknown to me, so very needed. I didn't know that real, genuine people could see me in such a lovely light. They have seen me for who I am though, and that is the greatest compliment I could possibly receive.

So here I sit, waiting for the next surprise. Yet, not expecting anything. I am content where I am...settled and quite happy. I hope that this echo doesn't stop. To maintain it I think I must constantly maintain my perspective. I must always remember that my problems are really insignificant compared to most. And above all, I cannot forget how important it is to love people. That is where the greatest joy lies, in building relationships...showing people they have value and worth beyond something superficial. I hope to leave as my legacy one day that I have loved well...and echo the spirit of a heart far greater than my own.

1 comment:

randy said...

Alexis, I have never read anything, from someone that I have known, that has been written so beautifully.

When the Lord sets us free we are free indeed. Spiritual healing comes from the Lord.

As I was reading "Echo" you were saying things that I could not articulate in my own life. As we learn to forgive we "really learn to live" Isn't that what Jesus did? He forgave so that we could live. There IS power that is released when we forgive because we have come to understand how much we have been forgiven.

I loved another thing you said..."I am learning to trust and to love and to do so with wisdom but without such great trepidation." Beautiful!

Jesus said, "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

I also want you to know, Alexis, you may not see this in yourself...yet, but you have one of the most gentlest and tender hearts that I have ever known. You know how to speak the truth in love because your heart is joined to His. I've seen God producing fruit in your life each week. I've seen your heart soften from all the scars. I've seen a lady, mature right before my eyes, into a woman of God.
Your beauty does not come from outward adornment. Instead it comes from your inner self,"the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

Praise God for His amazing grace!

Thank you for inviting me into your inner world.

In His love, Randy