Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A-OK


Everything is going to all right. No, really. I know that. There is a peace and a sense of understanding I have been blessed with as of late that tells me this is a definitive truth. The road is winding, and the storms will rage, but I know that at the end there is a safe place waiting. I know that all the toils and snares along the way only serve to make me stronger and wiser. I know this now. I wish I had known years ago, but then I wouldn't be where I am today.

Now I can sit here and write these posts with little concern in regard to pleasing my audience. I can write for me and simple be honest with my thoughts. I am okay with who I am now. I don't feel the need to validate myself with new shoes and dresses. I have no interest in fame or fortune. My interest is people. They will fail me, and in turn, I will do the same to others. We are human, and we have a pretty significant learning curve. However, school is continually in session and so we can only get better at life...at living...and effectually at loving.

That's how I know everything will be okay...because none of "stuff" matters. It's the people who are at the core of everything worth anything. Lesson learned.

No comments: