Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Mountain

There is a sermon that a pastor named Steven Furtick delivers in regards to finding one's "mountain" in life and chasing after it and even conquering it. This mountain to which he is referring is something similar to God's mission for one's life I think. At least that's the way I see it.
For a long time, I had no idea what exactly my mountain may be, but as time passes by, I'm thinking that I know now what it is. I am not certain, because perhaps it is simply something I desire, but there is a distinct possibility that in fact it is what God has laid in front of me, and I simply have to be patient and wait and prepare for tomorrow.
So the question is, how do I know specifically what my mountain is? How do I know for sure what God's plan is for me? How do I discern the difference between the desires of my flesh and the desires God has placed within my heart?
I see this mountain clearly, and I want to take it by storm...but is it the right mountain, or is there one yet further on in the distance?

No comments: