Friday, January 2, 2009

Finding Zero

I tend to think I'm fairly level headed...pretty rational, though some may say I have a bit of a flair for the dramatics. So I like to...enhance my stories sometimes, whatever. Overall though, I feel like I'm relatively grounded. Sometimes though, I just can't find my way back to zero. I feel the pressure of many different weights in my life bearing down, and for the life of me, I cannot seem to sort it all out and reach a sort of calm in the midst of the storm.

Currently though, God has blessed me with a dear friend in my life who possesses a great talent of always being able to bring back down to the ground floor and making everything make sense. He's wonderful really and so fantastic when it comes to making me see things through a clear filter...showing me reality and not "Alexis Vision." I don't even think he knows he does it, and yet after I talk to him, suddenly it seems as though the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders and even if just for a brief moment, I can walk and be free. I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful friend.

The problem arises though when this friend becomes the source of confusion and suddenly, I cannot find zero again. What to do then? And as I'm writing this, I swear it's hitting me...am I really leaning on him to be my solid rock when in fact it should be God on whom I lean and in whom I trust? Is that the center of this confusion? Is that actually the problem here? Have I found myself too immersed in him and not enough in God? For God is where my true zero lies. That is where I can truly find peace that passes all understanding. In Him shall I trust.

No comments: