Friday, January 2, 2009

Simple things...

I have been thinking about how I like things to be simple and generally I like them to be rather sensible. I like order and reason. I want things to have some sort of continuous flow that makes sense and is logical. I like the news and politics. I love art, but I also like business and understanding the mechanics of how things work and all those sorts of things. I want things to line up.

Then, WHAM! Matters of the heart come into play and shake everything up and nothing makes sense anymore. I do not know how to make sense of the heart and all that dwells within it. Such a lovely, tender vessel...small and unobtrusive, yet so full and terribly complicated. So many different thoughts and feelings are locked away withing that tiny sepulcher that just do not seem to fit into any sort of mold at all. The heart, relationships, and love are not simple things. They are quite the opposite. And despite my given nature to be rather astute and orderly and prone to follow logic and reason, I would love to leap off a cliff and really fall for someone and know he would catch me. I don't know if that person is out there, but I'm hoping. That risk, as terrifying as it sounds, also seems wonderful.

Until that point in time makes itself known quite clearly though, I will simply wait and be quiet and diligent, biding my time, seeking wisdom and peace, trying to honor the Lord in all I do. What more is there?

No comments: