Monday, January 5, 2009

Sorting, Sifting, Trying to figure it out...

I cannot for the life of me figure out some of the thoughts that swirl in my head. I do not have a clear direction of which path to take on so many issues. I know that of course I take the right path...I mean, I do the right thing and follow God, but sometimes, I'm not entirely sure of what that is. Again I'm reminded of the Robert Frost poem "The Road Not Taken" and again I am wondering and seeking out that road...that unworn, untrod path through the wood that perhaps may take me through ravines and gulleys, over hills and mountains, and through seemingly endless plains. I am seeking that path which God would have me choose. But how, oh how, do I know which one it is? And yet another question, what to do when I cannot seem to even see any clear choices, everything is just a blur, whizzing about inside my mind?

Truly I want to please God, and I think that by doing so, I will find the peace that I so desperately yearn for. I just need that wisdom and discernment I have been asking for. I also need a gentle spirit and a teachable heart.

God,
Make me the person you want me to be. Wash away my past and make me clean, whole, and new again. I do not want to live under the umbrella of shame and guilt that my past carries with it. Set me free, and show me your way.

No comments: