Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Have we become too tolerant?

As a nation, we are crippled by people's feelings. The demand for people to be politically correct seems to be at an all time high. We all have to be tolerant and considerate of everyone for every little thing so as not to risk offending someone. I suppose I can understand all of that to a degree, although I think most people need to stop being big babies and grow up, but my real issue lays within "The Church." That's right, Christians I think are at fault here

It's one thing to love the sinner and hate the sin, but what happened to rebuking your brother in Christ? And wasn't it Paul who pointed out that sometimes our faith may be found offensive? No one likes to hear that they are doing something wrong. That's a given. On the flip side, it's not so fun to be the proverbial bad guy and point out something that a fellow believer is doing that isn't right. So, who's responsibility is it?

CHURCH LEADERS!!!

I hope and pray that for the sake of our nation, we began to raise up great men who are not afraid to unapologetically proclaim God's truth. I pray for these men that they are blessed with courage to speak clearly and the wisdom to choose their words wisely.

And yes, I say specifically MEN, not women, but MEN. I feel that it is the men's responsibility to lead, not the women's. We are to support these men of greatness. So for the women, my hope is that they will be blessed with the courage to back up these men and the endurance to withstand the fight.

A war is waging. I hope that we are prepared.

No comments: