Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Right to an opinion

I honestly believe that every individual should be guaranteed the right to his or her own opinion. Absolutely. My thing is, I want to know how and why those opinions are formulated. What makes one person think one way and someone else see something in a completely different light. I don't think it has anything to do with intellect at all. Take politics for example. It seems that often people base their political opinions on feelings instead of facts and what's best for the nation as a whole. Why is that? As a culture are so immersed in "feel good" that we push all reason and logic aside? I don't think there is a right or wrong opinion. That's the thing about opinions you know? I do think that people should probably be more well informed before stating their opinions though and certainly be open minded to those of other people. I for one REALLY want to talk to someone who likes Barack, and I want to know why. I don't get it, but man would I love to. Someone, PLEASE explain!

No comments: