Sunday, September 28, 2008

Phillippians 2:1-13

Wow, funny isn't it the way God works. He's very intentional I think. This morning at church, I was again rather dumbfounded upon hearing the sermon...all about working together with brothers and sisters in Christ through humility. Paul was telling the Phillipians to work out their problems with one another by putting others before themselves and being of like mind. I learned this morning that being of like mind means simply being of like attitude, not like intellectual ideas, etc. For example, we will not always agree on politics, etc., but our attitudes toward one another need to be the same, respecting the opinions of others, etc.

Another thing I learned this morning is that living this life of humility is way that we as Christians can translate our relationship with Christ into our daily lives. In order to do so though, we must first seek healing from past inflictions and wounds.

How well this applies in my life. What a wonderful lesson to learn, and it was spoken so clearly this morning. I understand so much better now what is asked of me.

No comments: