Sunday, September 21, 2008

sometimes...

I really hate being me. Sometimes it's just not fun. It's hard. Now I don't mean that I live some some brutally horrific life, but it gets really frustrating and certainly uncomfortable on occasion. This isn't very clear I realize. Let me try to explain...
I feel like God has created me quite simply to love people unconditionally even when they hurt and sometimes break me. I feel that I am supposed to simply forgive and continue loving. Because of that, I am persistent and intentional. I will not let anyone slide through the cracks. No matter how many times I get jerked around...I feel like God has asked me to love those who are doing the jerking. It's not easy. As Christians though, we are told "do this unto the least of these, and do it unto me" referring to how we treat others and how our actions are a reflection of how we treat God. We're also told to forgive 70 times 7 times...that's's a lot of forgiving. Also, we're told to love others as we love ourselves-treat people as we want to be treated. So, I am doing my best, giving all I have, to love people, and therefore, honor God. In that way, I hope to be a blessing to the very one who first loved us. After all, the unlovely seem to need the most love.

No comments: